Monday 14 July 2014

My Mate Lawrenson



World Cup Final


Germany   1       Argentina   0

Gotze (113)









This is how it feels to score the winning goal in the world cup.

So the world cup is over and the best team won.  It's very rare that this happens in a world cup, and no one would have been surprised if it had gone all the way to penalties and the Argies had stole it at the end, but luckily we were saved that injustice and Germany won it for the 4th time, the first as a unified country, and in a world cup of firsts, the first time a European team as won in South America.  Yep the last time Germany won it they were West Germany, David "the Hoff" Hasslehoff hadn't even stood on the Berlin wall and sang his heart out as it crumbled to the ground by that time.

I was looking at twitter as the game was on last night and I have to say I was getting a bit pissed off with people slagging off Mark Lawrenson, now I understand that he is a bit boring and sounds like he is a bit pissed but he is also quite comical as a pundit and says it as it is.  Twitter get off his case!!  Also as Neur walked up to collect his award for being best goalkeeper of the tournament, I turned to my son and girlfriend and stated "that looks like something out of the Adam's family" just as I finished saying those word's Lawrenson piped up and said the exact same thing, which left both my son and girlfriend in fits of laughter.

The best moment of the night was definitely when they wheeled Sepp Blatter out for the presentation and he got absolutely caned by everyone in the crowd.  The whole stadium filled with boos as the head of FIFA walked in to view, and rightly so, what a cretin of a man.  I wonder if this complete lack of belief and support in him will finally convince him that the whole football hate him and it is time to do the decent thing and do one.

I wouldn't be too surprised if it was Blatter's decision to name Lionel Messi as the player of the tournament, I mean what the fuck!  Who was second then Glen Johnson?



Your not very popular are you Mr Putin

It's been a brilliant world cup, but just like all world cups by the time the next one comes around I will struggle to remember much about it.  

3rd Place Play Off

Holland   3                                 Brazil  0

Van Persie (3 pen)
Blind (16)
Wijnaldum (90)


The most pointless of games but it ended up being the most costly for big Phil as the 10th conceded goal in two games and a lucky fourth place costs him his job.

We have seen some great things at this world cup and some things that will never be forgotten, like Brazil losing 7-1, Costa Rica making the quarter finals, James Rodriguez, Spain losing their crown and of course Suarez biting again.  One thing I will forget though was that England were even taking part in it, the fact that we went out so early made this world cup as good as it's been, because I can tell you that if we had gone out in the quarter finals on penalties, I doubt I would have got into it as much as I have, I certainly wouldn't have continued with this blog.

So thank you Brazil for such a good world cup.  Well done to Yogi Love and his German's for winning it and thanks to anyone who took the time to read this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment