Friday 11 July 2014

Sportsday



Semi  Final


Argentina   0         Holland   0


Argentina win 4-2 on penalties


Normally I would write a post a day after the game, but I was a bit busy, yesterday I had to go to my kids sports-day.  I couldn't write it in the afternoon yesterday either because I had a little kip due to staying up on Wednesday night watching the negative Dutch playing the boring Germans in the most boring semi final in the history of world cup football.  I so hope Germany win on Sunday.  Argentina do not deserve to win the world cup.  

Anyway back to sports-day.  
 

The dad's race, that time every year you get to show your kids up.  When the dad's stepped up to the line you could see the hunger in their eyes, the race was so competitive that as I stood on the line the bloke next to me started jostling for position and gave me a little elbow to the ribs.  After receiving my little dig I turned round to see some of the contestants stretching out and warming up, I thought what the fuck are these people doing, as I was under the impression it was meant to be a bit of fun.  The bloke who stood next to me on the other side had taken off his trainers and had decided to run in his socks, he looked very nervous as his wife was telling everyone who would listen that he was going to win and that the other lot might as well not bother.   I seriously wondered what I had dropped myself in to here, this was not what I signed up for.  After a bit more jostling on the line and a bit of an argument and handbags between Socks and Elbows the P.E teacher rung his bell to start the race.  Elbows was off like a flash but Socks was left standing on the line and decided to pull out.  Elbows finished the race in second place and as for me I finished about second from last.  It was always going to be big ask from me as my 10 year old son really struggled to keep hold of my legs as we wheelbarrowed our way  down the running track.

After the race I went back to my place in the crowd where I saw Socks and his wife having a bit of a row, she was telling him that he had not only let his son down, he had let her down and most importantly he had let himself down.  Socks was trying to explain to his wife that he didn't hear the bell,  otherwise he would have won and those other cheating fuckers wouldn't have stood a chance.   Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to see the teachers race because the event came to an abrupt end when Socks' wife took umbrage to a comment that Elbows made about Socks.  It then escalated as Socks' wife started shouting at the bell ringing P.E teacher who she blamed for her husband not winning, suffice to say the children were then hurried back to their class rooms as the sports-day annual punch up took place in the centre of the playing fields.

How I love sports-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment