Sunday 15 June 2014

They think its all over... It's not yet!!!



Group  D


England  1             Italy  2

Sturridge (37)                   Marchisio (35)
                                        Balotelli (50)


Alright, alright lets all calm down a bit, I have seen England play a lot a worse than that and win, Cameroon in 1990 springs to mind, Spain in Euro 96 another one.  We finished as semi finalists in both those competitions after just sneaking through.  We created more chances, and we caused the Italians quite a few problems, our finishing let us down but the Italian keeper was far the busier.  Wayne Rooney should have scored, and I shouted "will you ever score in the world cup, you wanker" when he put his chance wide, but I have seen enough football to know that you don't always get what you deserve, and in my opinion a draw would have been a fair result.  I am not going to bang on about the negatives, and blame Glenn Johnson for not being able to cross a ball, defend properly or retain the ball because they are things I already knew.  It is never a pleasurable experience watching England no matter how high or low your expectations, I can't say I enjoyed much of the match at all despite the obvious positives.  However one loss doesn't mean we are out, its going to be harder now to qualify but we already knew we would have to beat Uruguay before the tournament had even started to get through and nothing has changed.  

Last world cup Spain narrowly lost against Switzerland in their first game and still went on to win it.  In Italia 90 Argentina lost to Cameroon in the first game and reached the final.  As for England, who can forget the opening game against France in 2004 when we lost 2-1, beat Croatia and Switzerland and would have progressed to the semi finals if it wasn't for an injury to Rooney when we were in full flow.  This world cup isn't over for us yet and nothing would give me more pleasure than to see us smash Uruguay, but it is going to be tough and we will need to rely heavily on our never say die mentality, hopefully there is enough in this squad to get us through.      

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!



Group  C

Ivory Coast  2         Japan 1

Bony (64)                          Honda (16)
Gervinho (66)



Fuck knows what happened in this game I saw about 10 minutes, 2 in the morning.  I heard Garry Bloom start his commentary and I was gone.   Drogba didn't start but came on, and former Arsenal misfit Gervinho scored.
On me head son!


No comments:

Post a Comment