Saturday 14 June 2014

Its all Ted Rogers Fault.

Group A

Mexico 1   Cameroon  0

Peralta (61)

An ageing Cameroon side against a handy Mexican side, no surprises and all good news for Croatia and Count Kovac, who should now have no problems getting themselves through this group with Brazil.  Back in 1990 Cameroon became the first African team to reach the quarter finals of the world cup, this time round they will be lucky to finish as high as last.  As for Mexico they look a half decent side but with his goal scoring record they need to start with Hernandez "Chicoritto", littlle pea bloke.  


Group B

Spain   1                     Holland   5                                

Alonso (27pen)                  Van Persie (44,72)                                 
                                             Robben (53,80)                                     
                                              De Vrij (64)                                           


I don't know what the technical term is but but Spain got a good kicking, the question is how do the reigning champions bounce back from this?  It was a great game to watch and it had some great goals, but the highlight for me was the attempted high 5 between Van Persie and Van Gaal, proper shit.  It was a masterclass from the Dutch and great for the tournament.  After that result Holland should win this group, Spain should get second place, although their game against Chile is going to be much more important for them.


Group B

Chile  3              Australia  1 

Alexis (12)                 Cahill (35)
Valdivia (14)
Beausejour (90)  



I have to be honest with regards to the Chile, Australia game I fell asleep.  I knew I would because I stayed up until gone 2 am on Friday morning watching 321 on challenge.  So here is how I reckon it went.  Both teams came out and stood for the national anthems, Chile's first and then the Neighbours theme for Australia. Chile scored 2 quick goals, Australia got one back through Cahill with his head, who then ran to the corner flag and pretended to spar with it.  Half time.  90th minute conclusive goal for Chile.   

I have just seen the highlights and I was 100% correct.

Wake up you drongo the Socceroos are on!!


Even half way through my slumber a vision of Alf Stewart couldn't rise me from my sleep.

Its all Ted Rogers' fault, and his manky bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment